Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fashion Diet Day 3

I am doing well today!  Back on track, I think...exfoliated like nobody's business this morning after some moderate exercise.  Blackened my shameful gray roots with an Oscar Blandi touch-up pen.  That pen is starting to be too much of a crutch but it has been over 8 weeks since my last color and my colorist can't get me in until next week.  I am getting on a 6 week schedule with that magician (Renee at Salon Verde in Roswell) starting with the next one, can't let this happen again while I am on the fashion diet.  Renee is a real life fashion icon for me, she is always dressed casually chic, her hair is always carefully styled in a sexy messy semi up-do and her make up is understated perfection.  I get inspiration every time I spend some time with her.

Decided on a nice cool dress today so hopefully I wont have to change when it gets into the 90's outside like it did yesterday. I would like to post pictures but it is a girl thing... I am way too bloated to photograph well this week and blogging is supposed to be a confidence booster so I will start posting pictures when I feel I can take the scrutiny.

BTW, I made these muffins yesterday that are incredible so I thought I would share the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I think you can substitute apple sauce, I'll try that next time to make them really healthy)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. In a small bowl, combine milk and oats; let soak for 15 minutes.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined, fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Sujata. Keep it up. I look forward to reading your blog that hopefully it will inspire me to at least remove the month old chipped and faded nail polish. Hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete