Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fashion Diet over Labor Day

I had to do it, I took hubby and the kids to North Georgia Mountains for hiking and a spectacular luncheon at Montaluce Winery.  Afterward, we toured the Tuscan style villas on the property which the girls loved.  We happened to bump into some Naturalists on our pre-lunch hike, they taught us all about poison ivy, and growing wild flowers in Ga.  I was so inspired, I bought some rooting powder.  I am on the look out for some honeysuckle cuttings, so let me know if you have some in your yard and are willing to let me snip a few branches.
I know, I know, you want to know if I was fashionably dressed for the winery.  I admit, it was a balancing act since we wanted to go hiking and then the winery.  I wore a shirt dress with a casual jacket thrown on top for the hike, then took the jacket off for the winery and that seemed to work.  I felt relaxed and casual without looking like I was going to the gym.
I bought a new dress for the month, yes, it has sleeves!  The new dress did double duty and was worn for social events both on Sat and Sunday night.  I think I got my $20 worth from it so now am ready to wear it during the day.
Lots of people have found it necessary to comment on my gray roots, thank you good friends ;-) not to worry, I am finally getting my hair colored and cut today!! Not ideal, since I won't be seen socially after it, but soooooo overdue that I don't care.
All in all, I think the fashion diet is still ON!  Instead of wearing something really worn out, I even took the time to wear a nice casual dress to hang out in the house all day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment